Wednesday, August 16, 2006

HOLY MACACA!!!!!

Seems Senator George Allen, of Virginia has gotten himself in some trouble.

Sen. George Allen apologized Tuesday for remarks that offended a man of Indian descent who was tracking the Republican's re-election campaign for Democratic challenger Jim Webb.


HERE'S MY TAKE

First off, I don't think the fact that he wore a Confederate flag in his high school yearbook photo is a fair indicator. I did a thousand things in high school that I wouldn't want to haunt me the rest of my life. Even the picture of Confederate soldiers in his office is acceptable, if it is intended in historical relevance. However, Allen himself admits that it was not, and the real problem is, it didn't stop there.

On the facts alone, I believe that Allen is clearly guilty. Now, I've seen the actual video of his remarks, and in my opinion, while his remarks were off-the-cuff, they appeared intentional. Let's also face it; the excuse that "macaca" is a variation of "mohawk" is completely LAME; and if he just made up the word as he now claims, it's just a little too coincidental for me to believe.

Allen claims to have grown, but these remarks show he hasn't.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to stay up to date, Allen spokesman just released this tidbit, "he wanted to call him a "Shithead" that's all, nothing wrong with that except, he wanted to call him a foriegn shithead.

August 17, 2006 3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home